This policy explains when and why I collect personal information about people who visit my website, how I use it, the conditions under which I may disclose it to others, and how I keep it secure.
This policy may change from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure you’re happy with the changes. By using this website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
I will only use the information that I collect about you lawfully in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. If you have questions concerning your personal information or regarding my practices please contact:
Owner and Data Controller:
London N4 4BB
I collect information from details you supply to me through the interactive sections on the site and from email messages you may send me.
I collect the following information:
- When you make an enquiry or send me an email message, I will collect your name and contact details, including telephone numbers and email address.
- When you make a purchase through my online shop (see Shop section below)
The information you provide will be used to process and respond to your enquiry and, if you agree, to send you marketing information including offers or other products and services – please see next section.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalise, and expand our website
- Understand and analyse how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
I collect information about you during the checkout process on my shop.
While you visit this site, I may track:
- Products you’ve viewed: I’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: I’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: I’ll ask you to enter this so I can send you the order!
When you purchase from me, I’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address and phone number. I’ll use this information for to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
I generally store information about you for as long as I need the information for the purposes for which I collect and use it, and I am not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, I will store order information for 1 year for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online. Even though I take appropriate steps to protect your security, you should remember that data transmission over the internet cannot always be guaranteed as 100% secure.
Protecting your Data
Sue Lewis Design acknowledges your trust and is committed to protecting the Personal Data you provide. My web site may contain links to enable you to visit other web sites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave my site you should note that I do not have any control over any other web site. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the web site in question.
Your data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by you, the user, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and you can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data.
Retention of your personal data
Sue Lewis Design will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of my website, or I am legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.